Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving






Nice waterfall. I bought the hat on the side of the road to Douala for a dollar.







Ally and I got a fishing lesson from Reese. We wanted to eat them for thanksgiving dinner. Tilapia. We used cheese rind. I ended up catching a young plantain.




Thanksgiving was a lovely melange of booze, excellent turkey (I helped baste!), par baked pumpkin pie and kitchen debauchery. We stayed at a bed and breakfast near Yune Lee’s post. Apparently arranged by a bunch of French ex-pats, it was the most genuinely nice little place I have stayed at in all of my Cameroon travels. It was only that I was fairly gimpy at the time.

My preparations for Katie Phinney’s June 2007 wedding, in which I will be a bridesmaid, went awry last Thursday. While checking my running form via my shadow, I missed a step and skidded across some large crumbled rocks that composed the “shoulder" of the road. I stood up laughing, but no one around me laughed. I was missing a piece of knee skin the size of a nickel. Interesting. No one came over to help the stumbling, passing-out, bloody white lady trying to cross the road. I wouldn’t have helped either.

Mostly healed now… just in time to be part of "Black Vampire 2". The movie will feature Reese “Charles” Baird and myself, as well as Matt Richmond as “the doctor.” Reese will be some kind of mystic and I think I will be a vampire killer. Reese has been invited to shoot scenes in Italy (not me... the say i'm too mean). Our director has been invited to an African Film Festival in LA. His name in the new movie script is "Storm"... my own name is "Sharon." Details to come.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hat!

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home