Sunday, August 12, 2007

All day yesterday was the 11th, and today is the 12th.

I wrote a long and funny something about my anxiety towards travel in the states during my high school and college years, with special emphasis on my fear of flying. I chewed on how I have been downright desensitized in the last year to the uncomfortable and terrifying Cameroonian means of travel. However, I believe some of the photos I took in the last few days will better convey what is so unfathomably normal in this country.

In the last week I’ve of dreamed of airports three times.







These goods waved their fingers at me while i took a picture. It was a truck full of traditional leaders. My car was faster, so i snapped them anyway.





This is where my car fell in a ditch. I have a video of a bunch of boys picking it up and moving it, then another video of it sliding back in the ditch.










This is where they pushed a big truck up a really slippery hill. Note the tire tracks. Note the big truck that small people are pushing up a hill.








Overload heading out from the car park.










Cow Wey No Get Tail.













Ally and I heading to the village. 5 In the back and they were lacking in an actual seat. It was a piece of wood covered in felt.



13 people in the car on the way from the village. This was the front seat.






















Heading up to Ndu from the market.










Coming from the village. Ally and I make friends with our seat mates. We had 4 extras.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home