Friday, August 31, 2007

COS conference

The COS conference (COS=close of service) is a time for all we PCV's to learn how to write a resume and spend one last time all together as one. We got to hang out with monkeys and eat breakfast, lunch and dinner for free and sleep on spring mattresses for a few nights. Photos...
The road to Yaounde. People like to come on the bus and sell medicine called "shiny shiny" that is supposed to clean your teeth. We believe it may be finely ground rocks. This man nearly beat me when he thought i was taking his picture.
Ally and I in the Country Director (of PC Cameroon)'s mansion-like home. It has hot water, for goodness sake. And see... I got to brush my hair.
Charles and I planned matching sassy outfits.
The balcony of my hotel room at the Mont Febe hotel. That is the village of Yaounde in the background.
Walking through the wildlife reserve. Gorillas live here.... and TONS of catapillars.
This one was really really fast.

I wanted to pet him, but my flesh would probably burn off. I'm thinking of putting together a line of "alternative stuffed animals" to sell to children. Piglet squids and catapillars of West Africa.

Not-so-fuzzy.
Good halloween costume.
Baby gorilla in gorilla juvy.

We were so close to this lady, we could have shaken hands. If it hadn't been for all of the throwing of sticks and rocks and running of the huge gorilla-ness, I might have tried.

Close enough to punch. They are rascals.


My COS date has become officially booked. And I am not coming home married to a Cameroonian... my dad was so sure that was going to happen. I guess there is still a bit of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home